Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I wrote this in an email to my boss. Her English is quite good, but sometimes if I write something out of the ordinary, she just doesn't respond to me. I think sometimes its because I'm being hard to understand. I've adopted this style.

"I noticed that I am scheduled to teach 1-1, 1-2, 1-4, and 1-5, but I am not scheduled to teach 1-3. Maybe class 1-3 is first period but the teachers think that it is too early for me. I don't know the reason why I am not scheduled for 1-3, but I am worried that they think the schedule is too difficult. Maybe there is a different reason I don't know. If they want me to, I can go to school for first period, it is not a problem."

Tottorinishi JHS is where I'm headed tomorrow. I have a lot of difficulties in communication with that school, its generally too big and they've been known to forget that I was scheduled to come: scrambling, looking shocked at my sudden appearance in the teachers room. I'm scheduled there for 3 days in a row, teaching 1st and 2nd grade, but one class is conspicuously missing from my schedule. I think this is stupid. I'm there for 3 fucking days and there is no reason I should teach 4 out of 5 groups of students, only to come back in two months. I don't know why the schedule is the way it is. I'm trying to deal with the fact that decisions are often made in mysterious for mysterious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment